Need a bit of time to prep your dinner, make a call or empty the bins? Occupier toys and LickiMats can be an absolute life saver for those times you need to give your dog something to do. Plus, they’re great for mixing up mealtimes and stimulating their brains too!
At tails.com, we’re big fans of both, that’s why we’ve put together 2 boredom busting recipes.
First up, our carrot and apple snack hack.
1 long-lasting treat or 4-6 treat cubes
What you’ll need
- 1 small carrot
- Half an apple (no pips please!)
- 1 tablespoon of your dog’s favourite tails.com wet food
- A fillable occupier toy or an ice cube tray
- Grate the carrot and apple (don’t forget to remove the pips as these can be toxic for pups)
- Combine in a fillable occupier toy or pop in an ice cube tray and freeze
- Once frozen (2-3 hours), give it to your dog for a long-lasting treat.