Cockapoos are somewhat active but can also lounge around at times.
Like people, every dog needs a combination of nutrition, exercise, and routine visits with its vet to maintain optimal health.
We recommended 30 minutes of exercise every day, mixed between low impact and vigorous activity.
Daily exercise allows you and your pet to develop deeper bonds, proper model behaviors and get the health benefits that exercise provides.
- Build Rapport: A tired dog is a happy dog. Having a routine is something that you and your Cockapoo can look forward to and reinforce your pet parent and pet roles.
- Aid with Digestion: Daily exercise will speed up your Cockapoo’s metabolism, help with waste production, and aid digestion.
- Increased Cardiovascular Function: Stresses that build muscle and increase heart rates strengthen your pet’s cardiovascular and respiratory functions.
- Manage Weight: A lifestyle that doesn’t provide enough exercise can be a leading cause of heart disease. Additionally, a sedentary lifestyle may cause your pet to carry too much weight, further adding to health risks.
- Improved Flexibility: Vigorous movements stretch out the muscles and joints, improving the health and flexibility of your Cockapoo.
- Enhanced Mental Cognition: It’s known that dogs that lack daily exercise exhibit anxiety, trust issues, and misbehaviors. Exercise calms the mind, releases mood-enhancing neural chemicals, and boosts their overall confidence.
- Behavioral Concerns: Dogs use non-verbal ways to communicate. Negative actions and misbehaviors are symptoms of anxiety or boredom and are ways your Cockapoo speaks with you about being unhappy or unchallenged.
An added benefit of getting daily exercise for your Cockapoo is that it allows them to engage their curiosity. Instinctually dogs explore their surroundings by smell to discover possible sources of food or if there may be any potential threats in the area.
Depending on where you live, we have a few suggestions for exercise ideas for you and your Cockapoo.
The most crucial factor is that you and your pet play and interact to strengthen your bonds.
Our suggestions include daily walks, hikes when possible, dog parks, and agility drills.
Walks: Walks are a great low-impact activity that allows your Cockapoo to get exercise, sniff, and explore the neighborhood, as well as will enable you to teach better behaviors. 30 minutes a day is a standard, and you can occasionally mix in some running to increase your Cockapoos, and your, heart rate.