Every year millions of pets are lost or run away. And unfortunately, not having a dog microchip makes it 2.4x LESS likely that you’ll be reunited with your pup!
And to make matters worse, the 4th of July and the following days typically lead to about a 30% uptick in lost dogs.
But, it’s not all gloom and doom. Microchips are extremely easy to get, relatively cheap, and can keep your pup safe for their entire life!
So, we’re gonna dive into all things dog microchips to help you keep your pup safe!
Here’s some of what we’ll cover in this guide 🐶
- What is a dog microchip?
- How do dog microchips work?
- How big is a dog microchip?
- Do dog microchips have GPS?
- Where are dog microchips placed?
- How to lookup & register a dog’s microchip
- Should you microchip your dog?
- How much does dog microchipping cost?
- What are some dog microchipping side effects?
- Other frequently asked questions about microchips
- How long do microchips last in dogs?
- Can you remove a dog’s microchip?
Let’s dive right into it! ⬇️
LISTEN TO EPISODE
Want to hear more podcasts like this?
WHAT IS A DOG MICROCHIP?
A dog microchip is a small, passive RFID-enabled (radio frequency identification) device implanted into your dog’s body to help with identifying him/her if lost.